How Can Black Tea Boost Your Immunity?
Jul 27, 2021
We are living in the world of a Pandemic that makes life unpredictable and dysfunctional. While most of the year went through being locked down, the COVID-19 virus has already affected more than one crore people across the nation. However, no one can put life to a halt with a virus at bay, and humankind needs to fight this together. Strong immunity is what you need to make yourself strong enough to prevent getting attacked by this foreign invader and black tea is by far the best option to achieve the same.
Black tea contains a vast amount of flavonoids and polyphenols. These phytochemicals in the tea, including thearubigins, theaflavins, flavonols, and flavones, showcase anti-inflammatory, anti-mutagenic, anti-carcinogenic, antioxidant, anti-viral, and anti-microbial properties.
Apart from increasing the number of immune cells which can reduce cancer and radical damage, this tea is also beneficial for keeping the virus away from your body. Researchers have concluded that people who drink black tea have ten times more virus-fighting interferons in their blood than people who drink other placebo beverages. This is due to the L-Theanine present in the tea that reduces stroke, heart attack, and high blood pressure.
Black tea has amazing properties that give you a healthy body, thereby maintaining an effective immunity system. Here are a few tips that you can incorporate to include the drink in your diet. Read on.
How to include black tea in your diet?
- You can add 3-5 gms of the tea in boiling water and steep the mixture for about 3-5 minutes. After that, you can strain the same and serve hot.
- You can even make your drink a little tastier by adding a pinch of cinnamon or crushed ginger or a few lemon juice drops. This will also increase the number of antioxidants in your tea.
- Gargling with black tea twice a day has also proven to remove microbes trapped inside the throat and help you stay safe from catching flu.
- Inhaling black tea in boiling water can also clear the passage to the lungs and remove viruses and bacteria trapped around the nasal area.
What should you never do?
- Never add milk to black tea as it reduces its disease-fighting abilities.
- This tea contains tannins that possess inhibitory effects on certain minerals and proteins. So, you must avoid having tea during meals.
- Tea also contains caffeine that keeps you awake. So, never drink it at bedtime.
Apart from drinking black tea, it would be best to indulge in a sufficient nutritional diet and adequate exercise to keep healthy and fit. Enjoy 1-2 cups of black tea every day for the best results. This will help you enhance your body’s disease-fighting abilities.
← Older Post Newer Post →